I feel like my life changed from last Wednesday to today. This conference called Pioneer Nation has been everything I wasn’t even hoping for – incredibly lovely speakers, nice food, but most importantly I feel like I have found people that I have more in common with than I could ever hope for. Every single person at this conference was brilliant, and they were inventing their own job and amazing at it.
And because I have like 40 pages of note, here are very quick notes:
- Bro dogs are best left to Bros
- The way I am is not weird, in fact there are hundreds of tribe members out there who don’t want a boss, or a job, or strategy meetings or office politics. We want to make things HAPPEN
- People are making it happen all the time, and they are noo different from me
- My brand isn’t just “oh hello I do everything with language …stuff”. I will have to think about it and really cut all the things I don’t love or that don’t make me money
- I know about 5% of what I think I know
- I know nothing, really
- Being of service is the core part of what I want to do. And with that, I get a feeling of who my ideal customer will be and with that I will be able to make the right thing to help them
- People have been telling me their problems and pains all along but I wasn’t listening
- I can be picky about my customers, too, because I want to LOVE all of them.
- Having staff counts as investment in “mental headspace”
- I must commit. It is okay to be guided by Buffy: “I commit. I’m committed. I’m a committee.”
- My self confidence must never be questioned. It doesn’t really help.
- ASK FOR HELP OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING – even something as simple as asking someone else to look through your website and copy can make a huge amount of difference.
- Being more open and vulnerable online is a part of selling things online. (Kersylearns may be merged with Fluent…)